Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cervix 5 Days Before Menstruation

"Thomas s'en fout", le bilan...


Since October 13, 2009, I sold everything and all 132 copies of my first novel " Thomas cares." Oh sure, it's really not much in terms of some prints charged or even compared to books that do not explode the limits on sales who eke out a few hundred copies. But I do not care

. Me throwing myself in self-publishing and the creation of self-organization, I knew very well that I could no way compete with a professional distribution system, which can not only rely on myself and goodwill certain to make this adventure something interesting and motivating. And I was not disappointed at that level.

What interested me, and above all was to be able to move my text which I believe (and I still believe!). That people can discover it, read it and obviously enjoying it.

In a vast majority of cases, I have not heard back (s) what readers have had to think of "Thomas does not care." I guess some have not read it yet because of time and / or envy, or do not want to tell me all the evil they thought they had not hung or that the purchase had been made only to please me. By exposing the game is my "work" to an audience, my story is no longer mine. She travels as she can.

And then there were readers who read the book and I did know. I blush sometimes read their message or listening to their arguments. I was surprised de leur attention, de leur souci de certains détails et de l'interprétation qu'ils ont pu donner sur certaines situations racontées dans le livre. Là où je pensais pouvoir les piquer au vif, je découvrais que leur attention s'était portée ailleurs, que ce qu'ils les avaient marqués était une phrase, un personnage, une scène, une réplique qui ne me semblait pas outre mesure appeler cette concentration. Comme je le dis plus haut, « Thomas... » ne m'appartenait plus.

Alors je me suis amusé à opérer quelques statistiques sur les ventes. Qui l'a acheté ?

Sur les 132 exemplaires vendus (au 10 août 2010), ce sont mes amis et les amis d'amis who were the quickest to get my novel. What good friends, if not? They were in fact 29 to make my fortune, making their own friends to enjoy this windfall also 29 times.

My colleagues, valiant colleagues have not been left out, they were threatened. They were 23 to move to the torture of the body (13.80 euros, still), with two additional copies to pass on their relationship or family.

The family, justly. 6 members have participated by buying "Thomas" for themselves and 19 friends of the family had the joy of receiving the book (thank you thank you thank you thank you to Brigitte, François and Yoann!).

The professional circle is not left with 11 purchases (thank you Facebook!).

Finally, the universe of the blog allowed me to sell 11 books in total, or 7 bloggers and former bloggers and 4 for their relationship. Then 2-persons mysteries which I knew nothing before I purchase the book you ordered. I also

6 copies distributed for free (they are not recognized in 132 copies, of course). Two were for inner circle and 4 relations. The idea was to travel "Thomas ... "And maybe consider that these copies" press "Might be the ticket, or chronic post or just an opinion. Failed bitter as these copies are not circulated and only one of the recipients to put a photo of the book on a corner of her blog page. Other giving way to oblivion and silence polite. It is their right. There were still some opinions published on the Web by readers, but I leave you time to discover them through a famous search engine.
With the system I have adopted the self-publishing, you can see the limits. Namely that it is extremely difficult to get out of the circles (family, friends and professionals) to address a wider audience. But I suspected.

That, within 10 months of life "Thomas does not care." A great adventure, "I said. Involved and enthusiastic. It is also not completely finished, because as I said, I will participate this November as an exhibitor at the first show organized by the association SIEL Paris. I present my book but more importantly, I'm working, I will present my new book.

Another adventure begins, in sum ... See you soon, then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment