Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Native Expansion Patch

the fifties in Africa!

Last week was also my birthday. Do not really know how people celebrate their birthday, I checked with some friends. First, according to reports I received, this is traditionally not everyone holds something for the occasion. Some do not know their exact date of birth, while others are rather welcome their family and friends the day of the saint bearing their name. So I invite you to ask Grandma what is the day of St. Sylvia, and if it exists, we can all celebrate the fifty second aunt time!

My friends also told me that it is celebrated must organize and pay for food that guests take. Anyway, as my technique African cuisine is not yet developed enough, I preferred to leave. I brought some fried plantains and everyone seemed very happy! So if you want to celebrate the African, send the bill to Sylvie, I'm sure she'll be super happy!

Well, let's stop talking about me, because I unfortunately have not attained the age of MMed Club yet! What is the face of fifties here? Unlike to what we think, Africa has not a single face, but well above a billion, which all have a vision, a view about what is happening on our planet. As time is short, let me introduce you two here in Burkina Faso. I had the chance to meet these two unique women who are always for me an inspiration.



I present to you Jennifer, mother of a family of 7 children. She speaks only Moré, she did not go to school. Every morning she gets up around 4:30 to prepare the fire, sweep the yard and cooking porridge pour servir au petit-déjeuner. Pendant la saison des pluies, elle accompagnera son mari au champ toute la journée. Armé d’une pioche, elle enlèvera la mauvaise herbe sans montrer le moindre signe de fatigue. À son retour à la maison, elle devra laver les vêtements, à la main bien sûr! Et préparer le repas du soir pour se coucher vers 22h. Les jours suivant, le manège recommence! Quel courage!

À plusieurs kilomètres de là, dans la ville de Bobo Dioulasso, vit Helena. Elle est une leader dans les différents groupes dans lesquelles elle s’investit. Elle représente entre autre un groupement de producteurs de légumes, composé de femmes et d’hommes. It transmits every day and farmers know both the technical and the management of their operations. It is the only woman in 16 other male counselors circulated around the country. They do not count the hours spent trying to improve the lives of several small-scale producers, enabling them to hope to pass the bar of extreme poverty.

What is the relationship between these women? A lack of resources, works to the welfare of his family. The other, having had the chance to learn to read and write, encouraging producers to develop their skills and increase annual income. And you Sylvie, where you're located there? Like these exceptional women, you are concerned people around you, you always have a thought for your nephews, basically, all became a bit your children to you too. You know, when you were visiting us in big cities where we study or work, we really felt your desire to spend time with us, discuss, share, spend quality time. And that's really special! Thank you aunt Sylvie.

Have a good holiday and do not cry too much.

And all of you in the hall, eat a poutine in my health! I Thinking of you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment