Chers lecteurs, m’ayant fait quelque peu oublié au courant de la dernière année, je vous fais parvenir mon dernier texte.
----------------------------
Je me réveille à 7h ce matin là. La veille, I ate a peanut butter sauce, rice and succulent beef kebabs late night, a pleasure that I am never bored these past 20 months in Burkina Faso. I slept under the stars, under a mosquito netting, as the temperature in the hot season, even at night, do not allow me to stay inside the house. In the morning, it was the sound of pots women scurrying to the kitchen in the yard and the neighbor's ass are my alarm clock. I get my water for my shower. Only after I shall be permitted to greet people from the court. At the same time, I watch the children go to school with a 10kg bag of rice as a backpack.
For some 75,000 residents of the city of Ouahigouya is a day like any other. For me, it takes on a rather wistful, even sad. This is my last day in the "land of honest men" (literal translation of "Burkina Faso"). I finished my files within the local organization with whom I work. Together, we built training modules on how to manage stocks of grain to avert starvation in the preceding months of harvest. These courses will be given to village groups after the next harvest in December.
is the path I have chosen to take. The heart of my work is to develop the capacity of agricultural advisors helping producers manage their business, make better decisions. Instead of offering him charity, the agricultural adviser thinks with them on technical and economic choices of cereal crops and vegetables while ensuring the needs of the family food. Orienting it in making its decision without imposing the counselor respects the lifestyle of the producer. By the same token, I rubbed agronomists, des animateurs et conseillers agricoles burkinabé passionnés et compétents qui ont été une source de motivation et d’apprentissage quotidien. Renforcer des dispositifs plaçant le producteur au centre de la prise de décision a donc été une véritable passion.
Tout au long de cette expérience, j’ai porté un regard sur les gens et les événements. Mais de par ce que je fais comme travail et mon optimisme, je préférerai toujours parler des visages souriants et des expériences de développement positives.
Je me souviendrai de Alizeta, ma voisine, une jeune fille de 14 ans n’allant pas à l’école. Contrairement à ses frères and sister, she stays at home to help her mom. She is always smiling and I often asked him to help.
Alizeta
I remember Souleymane, a producer of potato and onion in the dry season. When he told me he had done his 11 stolen cattle, he smiled, saying "it will go! . He always seeks ways to improve its work and is reluctant to take credit for it is not sure how to repay.
Souleymane
I remember Moussa, a technician involved in agriculture to 200% in his work. Even at night, we discussed the behavior of producers hard to change and ways to improve our impact on the field.
Moussa
I remember Océanne of which, like all children, are afraid of me at first but gradually gets used. Having a mother servant, she will surely have many opportunities to choose jobs and the life she wants.
Océanne
These are the faces and the people who keep my fire. I know these people and many others need our support, whether on land or in our grocery buying the products 'fair'. Similarly, I hope these stories will you pick you, your way, the development of these populations.
0 comments:
Post a Comment