Leaving the cyber ...
It's really weird sometimes. Two to three times a week I go to cafe. I download documents to work, if I look Engineers Without Borders does not send me something. When I did that, I go, I escape. I'll see if my parents do not send me their message, always diligent. I check if one of my friends do not tell me what is happening in Montreal. I communicate with my brother, I also asked at what is happening ... I read the news, the situation of the Parti Québécois, road accidents, the U.S. election and still a bit of blog Patrick Lagacé on cyberpresse. In short, I am absorbed by a world francophone Quebecois, people who are close to me. When the hour ends, I still have all the information in my head. I have not yet dropped out of this world, my head is attached to a port on the shore of St. Lawrence.
I leave the cyber-conditioned and each time I shock is inevitable. 10 degrees and more young people carrying casks of 200 liters of water on carts, the women cooking on the side streets, the sandy road, in short, the city where I live. Today, I was still in Canada when a group of 5 children came up, greeted me and asked me literally money. It does not happen that often but it's always a good slap su'a Yeul to remember where I am. I really do not like when these things happen to me but it's inevitable. I try to be empathetic, but it's not easy when you're exposed to requests like this every day. I try as best I can to show by my actions that day is not cashmachine and you do not (all) so much money when it comes here. Someone disait dernièrement que je pouvais du jour au lendemain me retourner et demander à ma famille de m’envoyer 5millions (10 000$). Vraiment, quand je lui ai dit que c’était bien au-delà de ce que j’avais comme compensation pour toute l’année, elle ne me croyait pas. J’ai peut-être changé sa vision des choses, mais ça prend juste un groupe de blanc se ramenant avec leur jouet pour distribuer aux enfants pour défaire les efforts de 100 autres blancs qui tentent de montrer que non, on ne sert pas juste à donner des cadeaux, qu’on est des êtres humains aussi.
Mais je n’en veux à personne, c’est plus facile de généraliser et je ne peux pas non plus en vouloir à l’esprit entrepreneurship des petits enfants! Alors ne lâchez pas les kids, on va sûrement finir par se comprendre!
Je sais que dans le fond, moi aussi je généralise parfois. Parce que je tire des conclusions à partir des gens qui m’approchent. Alors que la plupart des gens passent, sans rien me demander. Il me considère comme… quelqu’un dans la rue quoi! Mais eux, je ne les remarque pas, je ne vais pas leur parler…je les ignore….C’est ça qui me rend triste parfois. Du fait que ceux-ci ne m’abordent pas, je ne passe à côté de personnes incroyables…
Que faire alors? Non ce n’est not lost! Remaining one year here, one can rub shoulders and learn to know people very well. After having coffee and donuts fried in the same place for a month, you get to know people and also learn to know yourself. It takes time, that's all, and not rush things ... Slowly!
0 comments:
Post a Comment