In Canada, who is not proud to have on hand the latest iPod Nano, a nice suit, the latest CD by Peter Watson, a beautiful sports car, a very large pickup or the latest BlackBerry?
So I tried to make a list of important symbols by Ouahigouya can give to someone special social status. Well, we agree, is very rough and based solely on my perception of things in the city, can be very different campaign. So a totally subjective point of view, in order of importance are:
1 - A two-storey house
2 - A car
3 - Glasses for sight
4 - A big antenna for television
5 - A cellular and shows shiny
6 - A motorcycle
7 - beautiful clothes (Especially shoes)
8 - The number of women (most important campaign)
9 - A bicycle
I must confess that I personally have three of these symbols are the glasses, cell phones and the bike! I want today to afford the incredible opportunity to learn about one of these symbols. And yes, I present the Cadillac, the Mario Lemieux, Migneron, Ox 3A bikes that I affectionately called "The yellow fever" or "yellow fever". As I mentioned at the end of my last article, it is a little temperamental but is always there when needed.
(Noticed the new haircut!)
It is equipped with a basket on the front and a platform with elastic back, very useful for transporting various goods . Add to that a bell, for which I have not yet developed the habit of using it, and a fender of the most effective. The module is a generator installed on the rear wheel used to turn my headlight and rear. The reason is simple. Set the dynamo and headlight costs around $ 8 and get arrested by a policeman at night without lights is $ 12. After calculation, I decided to invest.
Recently, I sought to unravel the mystery as follows: I do not yet understand why everyone here at a pressure in the tires so low. When I handed my bike, the tires were really soft and I noticed the same thing for other people. After a lengthy investigation, I realized it was just my room air (my "filler") which was Perseus. Really, I'm really not a true engineer! Other bikes that I had probably seen the same problem as me. Now, with my tires inflated, I'm really going fast!
But why "The yellow fever", an incredibly original, authentic name you say? I agree, it's really a pretty name. There are at least three puns in that name that I will try to explain to explain today.
With a little foresight, you've probably guessed that the word "yellow" refers to the color of the bike. Thus, I have 3 times less likely to get hit in the dark. If we add to it the color of my skin, it goes up to 12 times less likely!
If we push the discussion a little further we can do the link with the disease of "yellow fever" found here in West Africa. All travelers must absolutely be vaccinated against yellow fever. We then received a yellow card that must be with us during our major displacements. As the "yellow card" showing our protection against the "yellow fever", we can not go far without his bike!
If you are really strong, you will also be a link between the name of my bike and the film "Saturday Night Fever." Just as this film gives us all want to dance, my bike makes me want me around town, go to the market and live moments exaltation unforgettable (Well I admit I'm exaggerating).
Although it is not the status symbol par excellence, I really need my bike. I'm going to work located about two miles from where I live, I will market and downtown. In short, almost everything. In case of problems, I let the children working here at the FNGN. For a small fee, they go into town and my bike cost me brand new or almost!
So was the story of the name of my bike "The yellow fever". I hope you enjoyed it! As soon
Question Day: I commend to the world that gives the correct answer to the question: How many flat tire (s) were (are) my rear tire when I went to get it fixed this morning?
0 comments:
Post a Comment