Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cali' Italian Surname Meaning

"Apocalypse bébé" de Virginie Despentes - Editions Grasset


A strange feeling I triturated neuron when I just finished the last delivery of Ms Despentes. I've loved, or not? Because the overnight disappearance of Valentine, mysterious girl, is a pretext. An excuse for the author of Apocalypse baby to engage in a series of portraits of his characters typed as the ingredients of a dish made with a nice application but lacks a little flavor of astonishment , surprise or suspense. Here we meet an unlikely pair of private detectives feminine, which one is a lesbian claimed strong character nicknamed the Hyena, and the other is a woman in search of itself. One finds here the family of the "disappeared" (a famous writer father, stepmother, grandmother), a biological mother, the bastard ... Each, each chapter has recounted his personal history, his portrait was embedded in the script of this frantic search for Valentine, between Paris and Barcelona. It certainly looks

all these characters who are representative of both formal strata of the population (the famous, rich, wealthy, opportunists, the abandoned, the ambitious, losers, homosexuals, religious, small strikes ...). All are entitled to the attention of the author. But the impression remains that, in sum, we see a panorama of our time casting studied that would display its subversions and transgressions. All combine to make the story into a well-oiled machine that it does not feel so much like to join. It never feels closer to the world described, it is the viewer a bit excluded from the militancy of the non-standard life in all its facets and perhaps in reality a caricature. I do not know. One senses, plus the end is near, the descent to hell and tilting a bit easier to something irretrievable. That narrative worked and mastered ... But I feel that trimballe image rebel fighter and protest of Virginia Despentes, I read for the first time, was only slightly yellowed old photograph. So what? I probably liked this story, but I do not have a little forgotten.

0 comments:

Post a Comment